What's this?

A little reflection daily about my language acquisition

Thursday 16 September 2021

809

Regarding the sentences from Te Kete Kupu, my score as of 17 September 2021 is 3.38. I interpret that to claim that I know the gist of example sentences for the "300 essential words in Māori". I consider that as useful progress, since three months ago I would have scored about 1.1.

The 300 essential words in this book and the examples of common uses have been selected from texts in Māori for young readers published between 1990 and 2004. The texts are taken from the Huia Corpus of Māori Texts for Children which have been developed with the support of the New Zealand Ministry of Education.

If I were to test myself on single words, rather than sentences, or through listening, my score would certainly have been lower. 

(BTW, there was no significant difference between the first and second halves.)


No comments:

Post a Comment