What's this?

A little reflection daily about my language acquisition

Sunday 4 February 2018

507

Norwegian is nothing. When I listen to, or read over it, with the English equivalent alongside, it’s simplicity itself to understand the text’s overall meaning. It resembles nothing so much as, say, 500-year-old English. That applies to all the Scandinavian and Germanic languages too. And you could include the Romance tongues.

Yesterday I introduced my two grandchildren to the joys of the Green island recycling store. They picked up a fancy-gadget (toy) gun each, me a couple of books in French:

Le Vice-consul by Marguerite Duras, and Six More French Comedies, originally a KVHS class set book issued in 1961.

Today: J5 I1 D1        

Total: J418 D173 G71 P43 F41 Sp27 A8 M8 I3 Da1 R1 Mo1 N1

No comments:

Post a Comment