What's this?

A little reflection daily about my language acquisition

Saturday 14 August 2021

776

 


Roughly 50 days in, I do believe that I am ready to try some dictation. For that, I'll try this 6-min video of the late Keri Kaa titled: He Whanau Tata.

I listened to it last night. I surprised myself at knowing many of the words and phrases. I am confident that I could achieve perhaps 80% accuracy (except for the long vowels, and if I listen at 80% speed), although my understanding lags by a long way. 

Not to worry. Trust the process! I shall tackle this as a running dicatiation

Kiaora tatou na whanau, o nga . . . na whanau e uto ni nei ki te kaupapa o te whanau. Me na kai te o whanau tata. Ma onga te na kea. Nga te mea ko taku whanau he whanau tata. Piri tahe matou ki a matou. Engari kai te marama

na te mea I hmahue

ki te rapamahe   whare

ki te tamariki ki te katoa kainga kao whanau.

Ko nga mairano kaere piri te phoratanga te noho plangi te wakai i roto ee karakia ko te rea te reo Maori tera

ka tutu me hwaka holi te rea te reo pakeha kara haeremai tohotoho 

te pakeha kuia te

aha koe koa pokake

te reo

ke kuraka

te ka tarua putiputi kia mata i a ra i a ra te whare

kia kura te korero pakeha 

No comments:

Post a Comment