What's this?

A little reflection daily about my language acquisition

Wednesday 21 July 2021

752

 


In the public library, I discovered what I consider the best resource so far. It is multimedia and bilingual. Its level of te reo is 'Globish'. Its length is just right. And there are about a dozen more by the same author.

The book's title is Ihenga, written, narrated, sung, and composed by Piatarihi Tui Yates (Aunty Bea).

The book comes with a CD that features additional songs. You can also listen to the narrative in both English and Maori. 

I find that after a month of perusing the Maori language I am able to follow along quite nicely to the spoken Maori version, glancing across to the English to confirm. 

I tried to contact the author to say how useful I find her material, but discovered that she passed away a few years ago. Rest in peace, Aunty Bea.



No comments:

Post a Comment