What's this?

A little reflection daily about my language acquisition

Tuesday 20 July 2021

751

 A month ago, I wrote my very first page of Maori phrases. They were random in the sense that they came from anywhere and everywhere. They were not random in the sense that they were at the level (i+1) where they were useful to me at my current level of Maori.

I have not looked at that sheet since. I haven't read, studied, or tried to memorize it in any way. But some of it will have stayed in my long-term memory. 

My routine for the next month will be to copy out each sheet again. I'll pay attention to what I do. I shall omit the lines that I recognize well - perhaps a third or a quarter - and then fill up the rest of the page with new snippets. (I will also omit lines that I fail to recognize, as being too ambitious for now.) 

The aim each day is to end up with a page of useful (Goldilocks) sentences. 'Old' ones should still retain some juice. New ones will reflect my current level of te reo.




No comments:

Post a Comment