What's this?

A little reflection daily about my language acquisition

Sunday 5 December 2021

889

 Happy to report that my new routine is going well. There are three or four parts to it:

  1. I do a page reading with the two texts side by side
  2. I make a note of any sentences I feel confident about
  3. I listen in English while I follow along in Maori
  4. I try to repeat the above cycle later in the day (for the next page)
The third bit takes only about a couple of minutes as I let it play right through without pausing.

Here are the sentences I elected to copy from page 143:
  • Kātahi ia ka huri i tana tēpu mahi hei poaka, ā, ka hurihia anō ki tana tēpu mahi.
  • Ka tino hiamo rātou katoa.
  • Ka hoatu ki tēnā, ki tēnā o rātou he māti.
  • Ka tīmata te whai kia hurihia heo ngira.
  • Mutu rawa ake te akoranga,
  • Ka whakaatu ia i tana menemene ki a Heremaiani.
  • (me uaua kē ka kitea)
  • Ka hana te mata o Kīrera.
  • Ko te tuarua he haunga rerekē ahakoa haere ai ia ki hea.
  • Ka ora te ngākau of Hare.
  • He tokomaha ngā tāngata i ahu mai i ngā whānau Makuware, ā, pēnei i a ia.
  • He rā nui a Paraire ki a Hare rāua ko Rana.

No comments:

Post a Comment