What's this?

A little reflection daily about my language acquisition

Friday 14 October 2016

27

Sprouts are shooting up! And so has the urge to pin them down. 

Yesterday I began to highlight every Spanish word that I already mostly recognize, and to list the grammar rules that I’m starting to sense.

I believe that this urge underlies Steve Kaufmann’s site Lingq. Steve has been a great inspiration to me. I like his insistence on noticing, spending the time, and to use authentic material.


But no, I’ll resist the urge to tally words and to push them along. I feel that it’s much better just to let the material wash over me as a whole.

1 comment:

  1. I guess it's okay to make some sort of a tally of what you more-or-less know . . . as you as you keep that a game, don't take it too seriously, and don't spend too much time on it at the expense of further exposure.

    ReplyDelete