What's this?

A little reflection daily about my language acquisition

Tuesday 11 October 2016

24

Yesterday for the first time I opened my Dutch Harry Potter ebook. I used it to follow along while I listened to its German counterpart. This is what I discovered: compared to the Dutch material I had up until then been using, Harry Potter isn’t an easy read.


And I understand that they only get more difficult as the series progresses. This is not to dissuade or discourage anyone; it’s merely an observation. I’m not that great a fan of JK Rowling, but her books are useful because they have been translated into many languages and are easy to find.

1 comment:

  1. I must open that book again. I'm certain that in the several months since this post was written my Dutch has improved.

    ReplyDelete