What's this?

A little reflection daily about my language acquisition

Friday 29 October 2021

852

I found an interesting email in my inbox. It contained a message from Stephen Town, the Chief Executive. What was interesting about it for me was that it consisted of a parallel text: in English and Māori. That's exactly the type of resource that I find useful for my te reo work.

Kia ora koutou

Last week marked the start of our engagement with you, with learners and employers, and with iwi, hapū and Māori, on our proposed Operating Model.

This engagement has been a long time in the making, and it will be a key part of informing the services and functions we need, how we connect and work together, mahi tahi, for our learners and employers.

If you haven’t already, I encourage you to start with this video, which gives you an overview of what we are doing and why we need your input. I see quite a few of you have already had a look – it’s great to see so many of you engaging with what’s been developed.

I’ve been keeping in touch with your Chief Executives and leadership teams about the initial reactions to this mahi and welcome you all to share your thoughts with us too.

It sounds like there’s lots of kōrero happening and I encourage you to capture that and share it with us. You can do that at yourvoice.tepukenga.ac.nz. Some of our Te Pūkenga leadership team are presenting to network staff as well, so please feel free to join in their sessions. There is more information on how you can register below.

Sometimes it’s useful to kōrero as a team, and then capture what was said and share it. It can help to bounce ideas around, break things down or play out ‘what would happen if’ with colleagues.

We’ve created some questions that could get these conversations started, but you’re welcome to share other thoughts with us too. We want to hear it all, from all of you.

Ngā mihi
Stephen Town
Chief Executive
Kia ora koutou

Nō tērā wiki i tīmata ai te whakaanga ki tō mātou Tauira Whakahaere me koutou, ngā ākonga, ngā kaitukumahi, me ngā iwi, ngā hapū me ngāi Māori whānui.

He roa te wā e whanake ana tēnei kaupapa i a mātou, ā, he wāhi nui tōna kia whaiwhakaaro ai tātaou ki ngā ratonga me ngā mahi e hiahiatia ana, e pēhea tātou e tūhonohono ai, mahitahi ai hoki mō ā tātou ākonga, kaitukumahi hoki.

Ina kāore anō koe kia mātaki i tēnei ataata, kia kaha, me whai wā māu ki te mātakitaki, arā, kia kite i te tirohanga whānui ki tā mātou mahi, ki te take e tuku mai ō koutou whakaaro. Kua kite au he maha tonu ngā tāngata kua mātaki atu – he rawe te kite te tokomaha o koutou e aro mai ana.

Rite tonu taku kōrero me ō koutou Kaiwhakahaere Matua me ngā tīma kaiārahi mō ngā whakaaro tuatahi kua puta mai mō tēnei mahi, ā, me taku kī ake, nau mai hoki ōu whakaaro.

Te āhua nei he nui ngā kōrero e puta ake ana, ā, kia kaha koutou te hopu me te tuari mai ki a mātou. Ka taea ō whakaaro te tuku ki yourvoice.tepukenga.ac.nz. Tērā hoki ētahi o te tīma kaiārahi o Te Pūkenga e kōrero ana ki ngā kaimahi kōtuinga, ā, kei te wātea ēnei kōrero ki a koutou. Kei raro nei ngā kōrero mō tukanga rēhita mō aua whakaaturanga.

I ētahi wā, he mea whaihua te kōrero tahi hei tīma, ā, ka hopukina ngā kōrero, kātahi ka tuari ai. He mea pai hoki te whakawhiti whakaaro me ō hoa, te wetewete i tētahi kaupapa, te whaiwhakaaro hoki ki ngā mea tērā ka puta mai.

Kua hanga pātai mātou hei tīmata i ā koutou nā whakawhiti kōrero, heoi, me tuari mai ō whakaaro ki a mātou hoki. Kei te hiahia mātou kia rongo i ngā kōrero katoa, mai i a koutou katoa.

Ngā mihi
Stephen Town
Kaiwhakahaere Mātāmua
 

No comments:

Post a Comment