What's this?

A little reflection daily about my language acquisition

Sunday 3 October 2021

826

 With the second listening to the first episode of Te Kākano, I definitely picked up a lot more of the dialogue. Not only that, but I could understand all 12 questions quite easily.

I treat the answers as extra information that I use to lever more of the meaning out of the skits, as I don't think it is practical to type in answers. (Language is not Maths, so there are multiple ways of expressing the same information with different words and sentence construction.)

I must say that I agree wholehearted with the advice:

There are benefits to be gained by being exposed to language you do not fully comprehend. Later, when you encounter explanations of vocabulary, grammar and idioms in the textbook, having already met them in context earlier will often help you understand and learn them.

No comments:

Post a Comment