What's this?

A little reflection daily about my language acquisition

Sunday 18 September 2016

1

There is nothing particularly special about Day 1. But on this "unremarkable day," I finally make the decision to begin. 

No, it’s not the 1st of January. It isn’t even the start of the month, although I will try to establish a monthly rhythm. That is, I will kick off each month with a new language.

Along the way, I’ll document the journey. Every morning, over the next 2 years I’ll write 100 words.

I’m doing this for a reason of course. No one does anything without one. So expect to learn the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of this experiment shortly.

2 comments:

  1. 100 days later, I find that I'm looser about when I take up additional languages. I'm looser about it. Greedier sometimes! I'm more of a dabbler than a 'methodist'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the 28th of December, 2016, having just finished reading 'What is the What" by Dave Eggers, I edit my first post to include the words that appear on that book's penultimate page, in honor of Valentino Achak Deng of Sudan.

    ReplyDelete