What's this?

A little reflection daily about my language acquisition

Sunday 22 August 2021

784

 Reading Patrick McKeown's book The Oxygen Advantage yesterday, I came across something interesting. In an interview with his biographer, Walter Isaacson, Steve Jobs described how the people in India seem to rely more on intuition than Westerners who favor analytical reasoning. Jobs felt that intuition is more powerful than intellectual intelligence!

I agree. It is that conviction that did not allow me to participate in the GDTE in a conventional manner. Consequently, I have withdrawn from the GDTE. However, I shall continue with my te reo Maori as a stand-alone project. To me, it is worthwhile doing. Intuition and right-brain style thinking are the huu of my waewae.

No comments:

Post a Comment