What's this?

A little reflection daily about my language acquisition

Friday 20 August 2021

781

 Tomorrow marks the 2-month point of my learning te reo Maori. I'll write about that then. For now, though, I want to address the lethargy I've been feeling these past few days. Initially, I thought it was the return of the cold I had the previous week - and so it may have been - but I believe that I have also been suffering from caffeine deprivation.

During lockdown, you cannot go out for a coffee. Neither can one help oneself to the delicious coffee provided for staff in the staffroom. All we have at home is instant decaf. So my caffeine level is dropping . . .

The last time I went through this was over a year ago during the first lockdown. I remember that it took between 2 and 3 weeks before I detoxed completely. Will this lockdown last longer than that?



No comments:

Post a Comment