What's this?

A little reflection daily about my language acquisition

Sunday 21 November 2021

875

 I realized the other day that my version of Kindle allows me to have text read aloud to listen to. I'd forgotten the device gives me that option. So I started experimenting.

I set it to its slowest speed. And then as I listened - to the English version of Harry Potter -  I followed along with my eyes across the pages of Hare Pota (in Māori).

It worked. I kept up, although even at the slowest speed I'm only able to focus on two or three words per sentence. It was not too much of a strain, and I feel that with enough of this type of exposure, te reo would sink in.

(Though I empathized with Hagrid, feeling motion sickness as the underground Gringotts cart raced wildly along!)


No comments:

Post a Comment