What's this?

A little reflection daily about my language acquisition

Friday 24 November 2017

434

What am I achieving here? What are the results of my carrying out an in-depth analysis of the ‘kanji composition’ of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s (or Sorcerer’s) Stone?

Well, by locating the first occurrence of every kanji, and then by determining the frequency of each, I’m gaining a sense of their relative importance. I’m figuring out which ones are more common than others. I’m learning which ‘words’ they connect into. And by listing instantly identifiable phrases that contain them, I’m building up a context for them all.

I’m introducing fun into language acquisition. I’m tapping into my inner nerd.

Today: J5      

Total: J194 D117 G39 P32 Sp21 F20 Da1 A1

No comments:

Post a Comment