Daily, I run into people interested in languages:
- a Dutchman who feels he ought to learn Maori
- an academic who picked up Spanish in Argentina on an exchange
- a Philippines administrator wishing to learn Japanese
- a Polytechnic staff member who had to go to the university to do a little of that same language
- a Jordanian woman who learned English at the age of nine through reading a series of books for girls.
- my own sister-in-law needing to pick up Dutch for her new overseas position
- a new friend, a translator, who has traveled the world